School governing bodies are responsible for working with the school to ensure that it delivers a good quality education. Together with the headteacher, who is responsible for the school’s day-to-day management, they set the school’s aims and policies.
Key roles of governors:
- to ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- to hold the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff;
- to oversee the financial performance of the school and sure its money is being well spent.
Other important duties include:
- determining how the school’s budget is spent;
- appointing and dismissing staff;
- hearing appeals and grievances;
- forming the school’s curriculum;
- setting standards for pupils’ behaviour;
- making sure the school buildings are safe;
- setting and monitoring the schools aims and policies.
About our Governing Body
More information about our governors and their responsibilities in Worsthorne Primary School can be found by opening the documents below. If you would like to speak to one of our governors, please contact Mrs Redman or Mrs Marsden in the school office.